I am sure most of you will know this quick tip for putting a doona into its cover?
Just in case, here’s the California Roll way.
I have just done it for the first time after struggling and sweating up a storm to get mine into the cover. After doing 2 doonas I was exhausted and knew there was a better way, just had to find it, so here’s what I came across after a bit of a search.
- Turn your doona cover inside out and lay it flat on the bed with the open end away from you.
- Lay the doona on top of the cover, corners matching and nice and straight.
- Starting at the closed end, roll both layers up (like a jam roll) until it is like a big sausage. (Adjust as you go so it is nice and straight, this makes it neater and easier to roll.)
- Pull the cover opening back over the whole sausage neatly, stuffing the doona into the inside of the cover the whole way along.
- Do up the press studs, ties or zip on the cover.
- Start to unroll, gently pulling the edges out as you roll.
- Give it a shake and viola!
No sweating or straining at all.
Great youtube video to watch for assistance.