Did you know that the soap you use in your bath and shower is often a cause of the 'scummy' build up on your bath, tiles or shower screen?
Soaps for cleaning are obtained by treating vegetable or animal oils and fats with a strongly alkaline solution. Various fats used in soap making are tallow (animal), palm oil, laurel oil, olive oil &caster oil.
Unlike detergents, soap reacts with minerals common in most water, forming an insoluable film that remains on fabrics and hard surfaces. For this reason soap is not as efficient a cleaner as most detergents for fabrics as it will leave a film requiring extra work to remove and also deposit a scum on hard surfaces that will need removing so it don't build up.
If you already have soap scum or it's build up on shower screens, bath tubs & tiles some hints to remove are:
enviroCLEAN Laundry Powder &Presoak
1. Make a paste of laundry powder + water.
2. Work the paste into the soap scum & leave on for 15-20 minutes.
3. Scrub in a circular motion.
4. Rinse well with clean water.
White Vinegar: It's a mild acid & natural deodorizer.
1. Spray full strength white vinegar with a drop or 2 of enviroClean Dish Wash Liquid on the scum.
2. Rub lightly to distribute the cleaning solution.
3. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
4. Scrub with bruch/scourer to work away the soap scum.
1. Wet the area you are cleaning, sprinkle baking soda on soap scum.
2. Scrub in a circular motion.
3. Rinse well.
4. Follow up by pouring a cup of white vinegar down the drain to clean it.
Who wants soap scum in our busy world?
To save all this effort and time consuming work in our busy life the best way to prevent scum build up is switch to an enviroCare Earth liquid product as No 1 prevention! Using liquid shower products is the best way to avoid scum in your life!